Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy Day Soup

After weeks of dry weather, the rain is finally here. I'm normally not a fan of the rain, but I realize how important it is at this time, so I'm welcoming the wet weather with a nice, big, hot bowl of soup, b/c there's not much better on a rainy day than hot soup.



I saw a picture of a chicken breast and white bean soup in one of my Every Day with Rachael Ray mags, so I thought I'd try to figure out the ingrediants on my own when I realized I wouldn't have the recipe on me at the grocery store. I got chicken stock, white beans, and a rotisserie chicken, which I pulled the meat from. I also got some fresh spinach.



When I got home, I quickly found the recipe and realized that I'd forgotten or simply missed several of the recipe's ingrediants. I also realized I got some wrong...for example, the recipe called for arugula...not spinach. Oh well, I shrugged. I figured it would have to taste good on it's own.



Care for some soup?



Easy Chicken, White Bean, and Spinach Soup "Recipe"
(in quotes b/c it's not really a true recipe...just something I threw together - very simple and makes a great healthy meal with minimal cooking)

Ingrediants:
1 Rotisserie Chicken (full or breast only) - meat pulled from bones
1 Box Chicken Stock
2 Cans white beans (I used Northern) - rinsed
1/2 bag fresh spinach (baby may be better, but the regular stuff was cheaper)

Directions:
~Heat broth over medium heat (add a couple cups water if you want it more "brothy")
~Add chicken and beans to stock
~Bring to boil, turn down to low heat
~Stir spinach into soup to wilt
~Serve with nice crusty bread

No comments: