Monday, October 08, 2007

Long Weekend Work

We had a relatively relaxing weekend, this past weekend. I wish I could have spent more time crafting or making jewelry today since I had Columbus Day off. I love being at home during the day, watching the craft shows on TV, and making stuff (jewelry, crafts, whatever). I don't get enough days at home, and it stinks b/c when I finally have one, I usually have to run errands I normally can't do b/c of traffic or not having enough time. I think I spent about 3 hours at Target today, but I guess that's what happens when you don't go for months at a time.

Anywho, we had a pretty good weekend. We visited my honey's mommy and got to hang out with his dog (I think it's funny how she sleeps almost like a human - my SO says that she copied him by the way she hangs her arm off the side of the bed. I know...he's crazy! lol...jk)


I figured out that there's a bead store about 3 miles away from his mom's house and hit it up twice, yes twice, to get lots of fun beads for some upcoming shows. I think I spent a total of 4 hours in that store. Wow - do I have my work cut out for me? Look at all those beads! This is after I spent nearly the whole weekend beading with my new beads!


I even had some time to make some nice snacks. This is one of my favorites. It's a baguette, sliced somewhat thin (about 1/2 thick), drizzled with olive oil and toasted under the broiler. Served with a soft cheese, this is simply yummy. You seriously have to drizzle the bread w/ olive oil - it makes a huge difference in taste that I hadn't expected the first time I made it:


I actually did manage to get a couple fun Martha Stewart crafting project done and I can't wait to share them with you later this week!

3 comments:

Flair said...

I have yet to find a bead store close to me, but its probably a good thing because then I'd hit it up twice a week too!

Shopaholic D said...

lol, Lady N. I have a couple close to my house, but I can make excuses to visit new stores by saying I'm only visiting b/c it's an out-of-town shop! :)

D

FeiraChic said...

Nice beads!
And I love the snack, yummy!