Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Costume Idea

Can you tell I'm up late blogging all night. I felt so bad neglecting my blog for several months like I did, and there are really so many fascinating things for me to write/photo/blog about...if only there were more hours in the day. I'm sure we all long for that. I suppose we can call these multiple posts in one day making up for all that neglect.

Anywho, I've been trying for years to come up with a unique idea for a Halloween costume that would be perhaps memorable to some, while still not being the same thing everyone else does. I'm a bit of an 80's girl and I grew up watching all those fantasy-themed movies like The Labyrinth, Neverending Story, and Legend (with young Tom Cruise). How cool would it be to make a costume to resemble "Dark Lily" from the Legend movie from this scene?

What's that? No one else will know who I'm supposed to be? Oh well, at least it would look pretty cool and be different. I wonder if my sewing skills will be up to par so I can make this by Halloween? Prolly not - this idea may have to wait until '08.

It's weird how certain clips you saw while growing up and watching cartoons and movies stay with you. This is one of my all-time favorites - very enchanting.

I should add that if you've never seen this movie and like a good fantasy-themed movie, you should def check this movie out sometime. Otherwise, this scene will be completely random...lol.

No comments: