Sunday, March 11, 2007

Vintage Flower Frame

I went to my first estate sale this weekend...unfortunately, I decided to sleep in, so I think all the good finds were gone by the time I got there, but I did manage to find this pretty little vintage flower frame (says made in Italy on the back) for a mere $2:

I put it up on top of a shelf in my living room along with some other fun opaque white glassware I've found at random garage sales and Salvation Army - mostly Salvation Army - there seems to be a lot of this white pieces there.

Also, I don't think this is a painting...looks more like a decoupage or something, which is why I'm calling it a frame...I don't know what else to call it! lol

Anywho, this little frame is just adorable...I'm glad I was able to find something worth taking home from the "leftovers".

4 comments:

WSU Laura said...

Cute picture! I just got back from antiquing with my mom this weekend and saw that milk glass everywhere, and learned that if it has a "W" on the bottom it is more valuable.

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Laura! You just inspired me to go check my glassware...out of about 10 pieces, no W's. Bummer! At least I'll know to keep an eye out for those in the future...thanks for the tip!

Did you get anything interesting from your antiquing adventure?

:) D

WSU Laura said...

I found a cute little oil painting of flowers, a quilt stand, and a couple silver trays. Thanks for asking. : - )

Shopaholic D said...

Aww...I tried to check you blog to see if you posted your finds, but it says your blog doesn't exist...bummer. oh well, im sure they're lovely!

:) D