Friday, March 16, 2007

Sweet Strawberry Banana Snack

My parents are pretty healthy eaters, so growing up, we had lots of fruit and "fruit bowls" for snacks & dessert. I haven't been eating nearly the amount of fruit that I should be lately, but after a recent visit home, I was inspired to start keeping more fruit stocked at my home. So far, we've been eating lots of apples & oranges, but on a recent trip to the grocery store, I decided to switch things up a bit by picking up some fresh, slightly green bananas and some strawberries, which were on sale! I decided to re-create one of my mom's fruit bowls and sliced up the bananas and berries, topped with a sprinkle of sugar, and enjoyed! Mmmmmm...so good and good for you!

Do you see that cute little Strawberry Pitcher in the background? I found that a month or so ago and rescued it from Salvation Army. I actually think it may be handmade! Instead of a production stamp on the bottom, I saw what appeared to be a hand-etched stamp:

Norma
W
1980


Can you believe it was only 79 cents? I can't wait until this summer when we go strawberry picking and I can serve all our hand-selected strawberries with some handmade-pitcher-poured whipped cream.

6 comments:

R* said...

mmm looks good! i love fruit! and your strawberry pitcher is so cute!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks R*!

:) D

jillskict said...

Mmmmmm, that looks so good, and one of my favorites as well. One of my favorite things to have for breakfast is blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes and raspberries, but I usually only do it during the summer because they are so expensive here otherwise! I LOVE the pitcher!

Shopaholic D said...

Ooh...your breakfast sounds yummy too! lots of good fruits in there! I'll have to try that one myself this summer...i bet it's perfect for a steamy summer morning

:) D

Anonymous said...

Adorable little strawberry pitcher! And yum ~ a delicious photo too!!
xo,
Kim

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Kim!

:) D