Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Brown Sugar Shortbread

Among other things, I'm trying to (re) learn how to bake. I've been semi-obsessed with the Food Network, really since childhood, but especially the past couple years. I'm pretty picky about my food, so it kinda goes with the saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." I don't mean that I dislike other people's cooking...but if I'm in the mood for Chicken Parmesan and fettucini alfredo, why should I waste a ton of money at Olive Garden when I can make it at home? I mean, a trip to Olive Garden is almost always nice...I freakin love the place, but sometimes it's nice to be able to enjoy that kind of meal in the comfort of your home and with the satisfaction of knowing that you made it.

I've been cooking pretty steadily for the last couple years...basically since I graduated college. One thing that I haven't practiced in forever is baking...I thought I'd give it a whirl this weekend:

Brown Sugar Shortbread
a la Pampered Chef




It came out pretty good, but I forgot how dry shortbread was...I did manage to make a quick powdered sugar glaze that I drizzled over the slices as they were served...gave them a little kick...yummy!

No comments: