Sunday, January 14, 2007

Chicken Saltimbocca a la Giada

I was feeling the "cooking mood" sometime last week and decided to try one of the recipes from one of the 2 Giada deLaurentis cook books I have. I went for Chicken Saltimbocca...a dish I've had a Macaroni Grill many times and one that I wanted to try making myself.

It starts with chicken cutlets or thin-cut chicken breasts - top with paper-thin-sliced pancetta and spinach and freshly grated parmesan


Roll the chicken up and saute - then add chicken broth and simmer...yummy


I served my dinner with fresh angel hair - easily found in any regular grocery store. I think fresh pasta tastes ten times better than the dried version ever could. Top with more fresh grated parmesan and you have a feast. If you do try this recipe, be sure to use non-colored toothpicks...we learned the hard way that the color will stain your chicken. Luckily, my SO doesn't have the same unwarranted paranoias that I do, so he got the really colored chicken.


Then it was time for dessert. I decided to try an Ina Garten recipe, so here are Palmiers a la Barefoot Contessa served on one of my vintage finds from a couple weeks ago.

No comments: