Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Mother's Garden

The flowers in my mom's garden are really pretty...but then again, what flowers aren't pretty? Even some weeds can be "pretty." Here are some up close shots:




See the butterfly?


Here's a closer shot:


I can't wait to have my own house and yard. I want to plant a cutting garden so I can have fresh flowers in the house all the time (without having to pay for expensive bouquets). Does anyone have a cutting garden and if so, what kinds of flowers do you have?

11 comments:

Lily Goodwin said...

My mom's garden is full of roses, (she made me plant more than 20 rose trees). Your moms flowers are lovely!

WendyB said...

What lovely photos.

Shopaholic D said...

That sounds lovely, White Lily! Thanks!

Thank you WendyB!

:) D

FeiraChic said...

I Love flowers, apecially roses. One of the most beautiful gifts my husband ever gave was to have our gardner plant roses on our backyard! It is wonderful to have fresh flowers from the garden everyday since we don't have snow here in Brazil. I do miss that garden however...we had to recently move to an apartment and my little rose garden is gone...
By the way, thanks for the lovely comment. I really like your blog, would you like to exchange links?
Let me know:)

Shopaholic D said...

that is a lovely gift - what a great hubby?!

The comment was well-deserved - that was a super cute purse!

:) D

PS I sent you an email

Daphne said...

wow they are all so beautiful, great photos too!



http://angelinchanel.blogspot.com/

Shopaholic D said...

Thank you, Daphne!

:) D

Ella Gregory said...

i couldnt see the butterfly until u showed it closer lol

Shopaholic D said...

lol coco - i actually couldn't see it when i was editing my photos at first, but noticed it will i was cropping

:) D

Ana said...

my mom has a lovely cutting garden and its always so nice to have fresh flowers in my room. great post.

Shopaholic D said...

you're so lucky, ana! i wish i had fresh flowers all the time...ahhh...one day!

:) D