Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Deliciously Unique Dessert at PF Changs

I took my honey for dinner to PF Changs (after he took me to see Pirates of the Caribbean - which was so-so) as a "let's end our vacation / kick off the new week with a treat" treat. I don't know why, but we hardly ever even glance at the dessert menu there. However, this past Monday, we decided to split a couple appetizers and an entree to save room for dessert (guess we were on vacation mode still...lol). We got Wonton Soup, Peking Dumplings (aka Potstickers), Moo Goo Gai Pan, and this fabulousness:

It's called the Lucky 8 and my SO and I were feeling pretty lucky we had ordered it. It's basically Phyllo dough brushed with chocolate, rolled up, deep-fried and served with gooey toffee and heath bar crumbles. You dip the chocolately sticks in the toffee, roll them around in the candy crumbles and voila! A deliciously unique dessert.

Now, I'm a pretty big dessert connoisseur...not so much that I claim to have expertise in the area, but I've eaten out at a lot of restaurants over my lifetime, and I have a huge sweet tooth, so I've seen my fair share of good desserts. Let me tell you, this is one of the best and most unique I think I've ever had...off the top of my head, this is in my Top 5, and that says a lot for anyone who knows me pretty well. For anyone headed to PF Changs any time soon, you simply must try this. If you don't think you can finish it all, our waiter told us (after we had him box two sticks up for us) that we could have ordered a half-order. Oh well...you live, you learn, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of PF Chang's but never been there. I'm a chocoholic and these sound & look scrumptious. My mouth is watering! Now I must find one in my area!

Shopaholic D said...

PF Chang's rocks! I mean...it's just Chinese food...I really like it b/c it's a high-quality chinese (I don't mean authentic, necessarily, but the veggies always seem fresh, they use good cuts of white meat chicken, etc).

They have a store locator on their web site: http://www.pfchangs.com

:) D