Monday, April 23, 2007

Vintage Book - Under the Lilacs

Lookie what I found thrifting:

Under the Lilacs - a book by Louisa May Alcott. I guess since I never read Little Women, I didn't realize this was the same author. I just figured I'd found some random, obscure vintage book, but I guess this one is actually pretty famous. I read a couple reviews on Amazon, and apparently people who like Little Women will probably also like this book. I suppose the fact that this book is written by the same author would make one gather that conclusion, but you never know.


Anywho, I'm not sure exactly how old this book is, but it's about to fall apart...lol. However, I love the vintage binding and the darling drawings throughout. I wonder if the new version still has them? (the images, of course, not the binding)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, such a lovely find!
xo,
Kim

jillskict said...

Oh how fun!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Daisy Cottage!

Yes, Jilly!

:) D