Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Dessert

Forget Easter dinner...after having given up dessert for Lent, I baked a cake instead of a chicken and booooyyyy was it tasty!


To offset all the cake I knew I'd be eating, we just had a simple chicken dinner on Sunday, but tonight, I decided to splurge a little bit. Not to mention, I just happened to be on the side of town with a Fresh Market, so I had to take the opportunity to get a nice big piece of steak:


I also made garlic-y, herb-y mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I used a creamy cheese, like Rachael Ray uses all the time, and toasted baguette slices to enjoy the leftover cheese spread. Mmmmmmmmmm! Top it off with a nice glass of red wine, and I'm pretty satisfied with the start to my week! :)

2 comments:

DebbieDo said...

Yum! I gave up sweets for lent too. Man I'm glad that's over. I had a cupcake for breakfast on Sunday :)

Shopaholic D said...

I thought about doing that! But managed to hold back till later in the day...hehe

:)D