Sunday, September 10, 2006

Intro to living the Bourgeois-Chic life

I’m a perfectionist. I can’t help it…I really think I must have been born a perfectionist. Even since I was a child, everything had to be done perfectly. I swear this is my best and worst trait.

Best - because nothing is ever done half ass with me…I just can’t bring myself to settle. Worst – because nothing is ever good enough. It’s like a constant feeling of wanting what you can’t have - just when things seem perfect, suddenly they’re not.

Yet, while things are so imperfect, I can’t help but think of situations of other people…heck, other countries where things are so much worse. It’s about this time I feel guilty for being as blessed as I am. This is the cycle – highs and lows – feelings of perfection, then feelings of imperfection, then feelings of guilt for ever taking for granted the things I have today. Stupid perfectionism!

I’d like this blog to serve as a reminder to myself that I do live a pretty chic life. I hope for this to be a way to look at the brighter side of things and to help me appreciate even the little everyday happenings that are so often overlooked. Instead of looking at the things that are “imperfect,” I’d really like to use this blog to show the things that are perfect in my life. And not the “perfect” that is defined in the dictionary, but the “perfect” that is defined by me. Sorta like the quote, “You’re not looking for the perfect person, you’re looking for the person who is perfect for you” (same premise).

I’d also like to dedicate this blog to anyone who’s ever touched my life, because without you, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Thank you.

No comments: